Monday, December 26, 2016

Mother always taught me: "Never eat singing food."

The Muppet Christmas Carol

Oh Muppet Christmas Carol, how do I love thee? It's a Foley family tradition to watch this movie at least one around the holidays. My parents definitely ingrained their love of the Muppets into me.

I think this is my favorite Muppet movie. I love the songs. I love that Gonzo is Charles Dickens. I love that Sir Michael Caine played it completely straight while acting alongside the Muppets, making, what I think, a near perfect Scrooge. (Sorry Sir Patrick Stewart, you know I love you.)

This statement definitely reveals just how old I am---when people mention Sir Michael Caine, the first thing I think of is Muppet Christmas Carol, not necessarily his iconic roles from his long career.

Plot in a Nutshell: It's A Christmas Carol…with Muppets.

WTF: I mean, it's Muppet Christmas Carol, so between singing frogs, skating penguins, and Rizzo the Rat eating everything in Victorian London, there's a lot of WTF going on. Just enjoy it.

Fun Facts are Fun: This was the first Muppet project after Jim Henson died. Oddly enough, this wonderful movie suffered at the box office because of Home Alone 2.

The Verdict: WATCH IT RIGHT NOW. Preferably with some singing vegetables.

Next week, it's time to go see Matilda.

By the way, dear readers, I'm going to be a reader request post in a few weeks, so please leave any suggestions in the comments or on my Twitter or Facebook. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment