Sunday, January 1, 2017

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

Star Wars: Episode 4—A New Hope

I know I was supposed to do Matilda this week, but in light of Carrie Fisher's death, I decided to change the schedule. I don't remember exactly when I watched A New Hope the first time. It probably was when I was rummaging through our video tapes and found it. The first copy was recorded off of TV. I don't even know the exact moment I fell in love in Star Wars.

I just know that I did, and it changed my life. It started me down a path of being a giant nerd and loving sci-fi. Star Wars was my first sci-fi movie love, and one day on the blog, I'll talk about the two shows that are my TV loves.

But back to A New Hope. Who didn't love Princess Leia being a badass with a blaster and snark to match? What person didn't want to bang Han Solo? Who didn't want to slap Luke's whiny head a few times before he realized it's not all about himself? Hey, at least he learned that lesson…unlike…HIS FATHER.

This is the first time I've see A New Hope after watching Rogue One, and damn, it makes a lot more sense why there was a damn open exhaust port that could destroy the station. RIP the crew of Rogue One and Galen Erso.

Plot in a Nutshell: A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away…a bratty teenager didn't want to work on his aunt and uncle's moisture farm…

WTF: Considering when Obi-Wan leaves Luke with Owen and Beru at the end of Revenge of the Sith he's in his mid to late thirties, damn he's had some hard living in the next twenty years to look like Sir Alec Guinness. Woof. Same with Owen and Beru.

Fun Facts are Fun: According to IMDB, when Luke and Leia swing to safety, no stunt doubles were used. It really was Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill.

The Verdict: Just go watch it…and grab someone who's never seen it to watch it as well.

Finally I'm going to do Pocahontas next week. Hide your wives, hide your kids.

Dear readers, I'm asking for requests! Please leave a comment here, on my twitter @vikkiabby, or on my FB. 

No comments:

Post a Comment