Sunday, March 19, 2017

Someone turn me back into a clock please!

Beauty and the Beast

At the asscrack of dawn…okay, not really, but I did go to the movies at 9AM yesterday morning to see NEW Beauty and the Beast. My friend's nearly five-year-old niece was SUPER EXCITED. We were SUPER EXCITED.

And we weren't disappointed. It's different in subtle ways than the original, including the filling in of several plot holes that I mentioned last week. Emma Watson doesn't have the strongest singing voice ever, but she's still incredibly charming as Belle. I love Ewan McGregor, and I don't give a fuck. The whole cast was fantastic, even Dan Stevens, about whom I had massive reservations. He killed it, man. Who knew he could sing that well?

Plot in a Nutshell: People, this is literally the same movie, except with some extra songs and homoerotism.

WTF: So remember my points from last week about the Beast's parents, his age when he was enchanted, and all that? That's all addressed in the movie. For real. Still though, Gaston is a dick. A hot dick but a dick.

Fun Facts are Fun: Ewan McGregor's wife is French, and yet I still detect a wee bit of Mexican in that "French" accent. Ryan Gosling was offered the role of the Beast but chose to do La La Land instead. Emma Watson turned down La La Land to do this movie. Sir Ian McKellen was cast as Cogsworth in the original but declined the role. Extremely hot Welshman Luke Evans wore false teeth as Gaston. Doesn't matter though…he's still really hot.

The Verdict: I can't wait to see it again!!!!

No blog post next week people, but I'll be back the week after!

No comments:

Post a Comment